...An unexpected turn of events occurred during dinner with Rick DellaRatta. He brought up the issue of how little "common sense" exists in the world. This discussion was uncanny, given that there had been raised a particular issue regarding alcoholic beverage advertisements for sports events, concerts, etc. Rick answered the question without it being addressed! Read in full here: http://jfp.abc4all.net/resources/view/164872/
...Principles of ABC4All
The following are underlying principles which govern all activity generated by ABC4All,:
1. ABC4All works with constructive influences within a community.
2. ABC4All does not discipline others.
3. ABC4All does not seek to set laws.
4. ABC4All does not confront nor challenge existing political, religious nor other influences.
5. ABC4All presents opportunity where none existed before rather than attempting to change negative influences.
6. ABC4All seeks to screen, research and then offer information void of potentially harmful ingredients which, when shared with others can lead to health improvement(s) for individuals, groups and the community at large.
7. ABC4All engages with people with the understanding there is an inherent desire to work towards self-determination and improvement in living.
8. ABC4All operates in physical settings where no alcohol or drugs are consumed. Alcohol, for example, is known to kill brain cells. Such habit-forming substances are known to be harmful to humans and create influences over behavior rather than individuals determining their own behavior.
9. ABC4All seeks to assist individuals, groups and the entire community to reach self-determination and therefore improved lifestyles.
10. ABC4All operates with the assumption that with improved lifestyles, persons will be more inclined to continue efforts towards self-determination and will take better care of themselves and of others.
11. ABC4All, finally, assumes that, with increased self-determination of individuals, there will be carryover into the community at large that also will become healthier, with a resultant increase in theprevalence of constructive societal trends.
Each of us has to make our own choices how we conduct ourselves in life. The focus of "COMMON SENSE" shared by Rick DellaRatta appears to be entirely consonant with The Principles of ABC4All. We are indeed fortunate to have the opportunity to explore, expand and support the missions of both Jazz For Peace Foundation http://jazzforpeace.org and A Better Community For All (ABC4All) http://home.abc4all.net simultaneously and into the indefinite future.
Drag and drop the content to change the order of featured content. The top nine will be displayed.